Malaysia is a mix of the modern world and a developing nation. With its investment in the high technology industries and moderate oil wealth, it has become one of the richer nations in Southeast Asia. Malaysia, for the visitor, is an eclectic mix of traditional customs, modern and functional hotels and sumptuous and exotic food – for the food alone it is worth a visit!
West (peninsular) Malaysia shares a border with Thailand and is connected by a causeway and a bridge to the island state of Singapore and has coastlines on the South China Sea and the Straits of Malacca. East Malaysia (Borneo) shares borders with Brunei and Indonesia.
- Visit the Petronis twin towers in Kuala Lumpur
- Afternoon tea and scones - Cameran Highlands, Pahang
- Heritage trails and hawker food - George Town, Penang
- Mystery, myth and legend - island of Langkawi
- Unesco World Heritage site - Kinabalu, Sabah
- Authentic street food - Jalan Alor, Kuala Lumpur
- Seafaring takes and old world charm - Melaka City, Melaka
- Dine with a 360 degree view - KL Tower, Kuala Lumpur